Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Popsicles and praise



We hosted a pool get together for my moms club yesterday at our subdivision pool. The boys had a great time swimming with their friends and cooled off with some freeze pops. We all had tons of fun and wrapped up around noon. That's when something scary happened. We are SO thankful to God that He was watching over us yesterday.

Theo was sitting across from the pool with his friends and drying off. I had taken off his floatie to start drying off as well since that thing holds water like crazy. I walked over to tell Jack to get out of the pool and to gather up his pool toys. I started picking some up as well. I looked back for Theo and didn't see him. I searched the perimeter of the pool and didn't see him there either. I walked closer to the tables to find him when I checked the pool again and saw him floating in the deep end (in a standing position but totally under water). I jumped in the pool and pulled him out. He was totally alert and started throwing up water (about 3 times). I wrapped him up in a towel and just held him. Scariest. Moment. Of. My. Life!!!!! He was honestly in shock for quite a while. He told me later that he wanted to help Jack get one of the diving sticks and got in the pool but then couldn't find the steps. He didn't know what to do and just started sinking. He said he was scared and then I came and saved him. Praise Jesus I was right there and got to him in time. I seriously shiver just thinking at what could have happened. None of my friends saw him and two ladies sitting IN the deep end of the pool never saw him. What a ninja little Theo is! I'm definitely hugging that boy a little tighter than usual.

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Oh I just have chills ready this. So horrible but thankful at the end. Maybe it scared him enough too to not do that? Hate those moments.