Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things....






I feel like a clown juggling 20 balls right now. I got us unpacked and did the massive amounts of laundry from our trip immediately (waking up at 5 am really spurred me on). Now I'm faced with organizing back to school uniforms, school supplies and all of the events that have filled up our calendar already. It's overwhelming me a bit!! Here Theo is in his uniform. Talk about sniff-sniff. Y'all, I think I'm going to cry when I drop those boys off at school on the 17th :(

My high school friend, Susan, made these great books with her older son a few weeks ago. They had a really simple and repetitive format that got her son very interested in reading. I'm doing the same things with my boys based on all of the landmarks they saw on our trip. It's good writing/reading/drawing/history practice anyway! I sent Jack over to the kitchen table and told him the words to write. Theo copied what I wrote out for him (little bits at a time). Then I got out a tea towel with London landmarks and let them pick which ones they wanted to include first. They drew the landmarks and then colored them in just a tad. We'll keep adding more and more each day and move on to the other cities we visited. I plan to laminate them and let the boys take them to school if there is ever a show and tell type day.

2 comments:

Cupcake Girl said...

Make a copy for MIMI and PAPA too.

Lauren said...

OMG!! Did Theo write that one in the top picture? Wowza...Avery is WAY behind! :)