
We attended our third Lehmannfest reunion this past week, the main reason for our trip to Europe! Cousins (Dave's father's side of the family- from his mother's side of the family)from around the world gathered in Camberley. We stayed at Frimley Hall and the boys loved roaming the grounds. Theo played in the gravel rocks and made a rock family. I loved all of the lush flowers around and really wanted to clip off one of the huge rose blossoms :)
We had met some of the cousins before from previous reunions (in Berlin 7 years ago and New Orleans 4 years ago) but there were new faces as well. There are German, English, Japanese and Canadian branches of Lehmanns and every branch was represented in Camberley. I tried to snap pictures of each group on the last night in Camberley. There are some pictures from our tours in to London and Sarum/Salisbury as well. Toby and Susie Lehmann were our hosts for Lehmannfest and doubled as tour guides. They live in the general London area (I think) and Toby is a Lt. Col in the British Army. I learned so much about Parliament and the monarchy from Toby during our walk throughout London. He used the word "brilliant" a lot and I loved that!! I want to make it catch on here :)
The large group photo was taken at the banquet at The Military Academy at Sandhurst. Princes William and Harry attended Sandhurst and I'm told it was an elegant evening. Gigi and I stayed back with the boys since the banquet was scheduled to last until around midnight. It was a wise choice :)
Jack and Theo met scores of new relatives and just relished in the new experiences! Thank you to Toby and Susie for organizing this reunion. We will treasure the memories for all time :)













No comments:
Post a Comment