Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Legoland Windsor
























Our last day in the UK came quickly. We discovered that Windsor is only a mere 11 miles from Legoland Windsor so we hired a taxi (vs. hopping trains) and arrived around 11 am. The lines to get in were staggering. I joked that they were typing blood or something (lines just weren't moving at all). It was the one and only time we stood in line like blokes ;) I had purchased all of our tickets online before leaving for all of our other excursions and whizzed through the queues. We were spoiled! We did score two free tickets while in line so Gigi and Dada got in for free.

Legoland Windsor sits up on rolling terrain. That's a nice way to say that we walked a lot and most of it was at an incline. There was a spectacular view of Windsor Castle though! Dave and I split up and I took Jack on a water ride since he was tall enough for the fun rides. We got soaking wet but he loved it! Dada and Dave did some slower paced rides with Theo over in Duplo Land (named after the bigger Legos for little kids). Jack and I met them by chance while Dada and Theo were in line and I pulled a French move by sending Jack in to line to join them. We only did that once though.

There were so many things to do at Legoland and we had done zero research since it was a last minute decision to go there. It all worked out though! We spent time walking around all of the Lego exhibits in Mini Land. The detail was just astounding. We could have stayed there all day just looking at everything! We rode some rides (a slow roller coaster, a Viking ship that terrified Theo, the water ride (once with Dave and once with me), a little kid roller coaster for Theo and a full-fledged roller coaster for Jack), saw a 3-D show, built Lego kits (the boys could have stayed there ALL DAY) and ate ice cream! We stayed 7 hours and were beat when we left. Everyone there seemed and sounded British, unlike Disney which was a total mix of Europeans. I loved listening to the accents and people watching :)

Legoland was definitely little boy heaven. We bought the boys souvenier cups and let them assemble tiny Lego people. No kits were fitting in our luggage!

No comments: