Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

First day traditions







I told the boys if they both stayed on green for behavior (what every child starts on each day) then we'd go get frozen yogurt after school. I pulled up in car line and they both just lit up (I feel like a rockstar sometimes!) and couldn't wait to tell me all about their first day.

Jack absolutely LOVED his teacher (remember, he was nervous that night before school) and said the best part of his day was realizing that his teacher was really nice. She runs a tight ship but uses lots of positive reinforcement and that is right up Jack's alley. He's going to love being in her class this year :)

Theo said the best part of his day was when his teacher gave him cookies. He said there were only 4 girls in his class but "100 boys". More like 11. I did get a call home about his hair though. Boys have to have a tapered hair cut that does not go over the eyebrows or the ears......... so Theo will be getting a "big boy" haircut tonight. I think I might cry :(

Both kids got treat bags from their teachers and devoured them when we got home (notice the white shirts were promptly taken off before chocolate consumption!). They each got a card from mommy and daddy, a new book and a "pencil" made by covering a pack of rolos with a kiss stuck on the end.

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Glad they enjoyed school. I can't believe that about Theo's hair! That's a little silly, don't you think? He is only 3, almost 4! Crazy. He teacher must just eat him up!!