Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm No Martha party









My next door neighbor hosted a party last night that was tons of fun. She was flipping through a food magazine one day and thought "who really makes this stuff?" and it inspired her to throw this party. All of the guests wore aprons and sampled the variety of appetizers, main dishes, desserts and drinks. She went all out with her decorations, all inspired by Rachel Ray's magazine :)

I met several of my surrounding neighbors that I've really only ever waved to and they were all lovely! I snapped pictures of the recipe cards for some of my more favorite items. I will tell you that my drink of choice was the Flirtini: equal parts pineapple and orange juice and vodka with a splash of champagne on top! Went down quite smoothly :)

I brought Coronation Chicken Salad (served at Queen Elizabeth's Coronation and Jubilee) that has a distinctive curry flavor (but it sooooo good). It can be served on top of spring mix or as part of a sandwich. A friend in my Mom's Club served it a while back and gave me her ingredients (but no amounts for anything). I totally guessed and added things slowly but it turned out perfectly!

So, here you go. Enjoy!
Ingredients: shredded chicken (4-5 large breasts), Helmann's mayo (2 cups), green onions (clean scissors and just snip the tops off vs. dicing- do just a handful or two), Nature's Seasoning by Mc Cormick & celery salt (sprinkle liberally but go as heavy or as light as you like things), pepper (just to taste), red grapes (halved), sliced almonds & walnuts (just a handful each to crunch things up), yellow mustard (a light squirt) and liberal amounts of curry powder (I estimate probably 2 tablespoons all in all). I mixed the mayo, curry and mustard separately because I was unsure of amounts but it worked out well that way. Just scooped it right in to the chicken mixture and viola! Serve with savory scones if you really feel Martha ;)

2 comments:

Cupcake Girl said...

what a fun idea. I copied your recipe to make at some future event. lmw

Gauger Family said...

What a great idea! Love it!! You have fun neighbors :)