Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Feeding Rudolph










We took the boys to the Global Wildlife Center in Folsom (about 30 minutes from Mandeville) today. Santa was there, though neither boy would go within 10 feet of him, and so were all of the reindeer! Jack fed "Rudolph" for about an hour of the 1 1/2 hour tour. We got a bucket of feed and fed the giraffe from our hands. There were llamas and deer galore. Even some zebras and the largest camels I've ever seen in my life. Theo was kind of a handful since the tour was so long. It was definitely interesting juggling the feed, Theo, giraffe/llamas/bulls coming around and making sure Jack didn't lose a hand to hungry animals. We had such a blast and stopped to get pizza at a local place on the way home. Dave stopped and got Jack a stuffed reindeer on the way out to surprise him with from Santa.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I am so jealous! St Louis doesn't have any cool places like this!

cammom said...

Hey Maverick....is Goose taking the picture?? Did I catch a 9er in there.........

Sherrie Deuell said...

You all do so many neat things as a family. I'd like to see this place too.

Anonymous said...

Did you stop at the Prison on the way? isn't that the one Johnny Cash sang about?

Great adventures you've been on - and love the ornaments, too!