Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Play and homework






Today was a tough day for me. I said my formal goodbyes to Jack's school and withdrew him. Even though I know in my heart it's what's best for him, it was still hard. I've volunteered every week in his classroom and really gotten to know his teacher and his class. I grew to love them all and it's just hard to say goodbye! I'll have a separate post of all of the sweet things his teacher made for him.

Jack is still loving his new school and just thriving there. He's rising to the challenges presented him. He's doing subtraction and has a spelling test on Friday. I had to explain what a test was and what grades meant. We're a little late on this whole thing but I think he'll be fine! His new teacher called me at home tonight and we chatted. I was just sitting here being sad and I was really touched that she called. It was great to talk to her and hear how well Jack is adjusting.

Anyhow, here are the boys at a park this afternoon. I don't have to race back home to catch Jack's bus any longer so we have freedom to go and do fun things after school :) There are also pictures of him doing homework, new and old. The picture of the three pieces of paper showcases new vs. old. He's hungry to learn and is happy to do his homework each night. I'm so proud of that boy.

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

That's great. Kids always adjust so much faster and easier than you think. He seems pretty smart to me!!!