Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Books for bites




We made a family trip to the library yesterday and checked out some new books for Jack to read. It's always very overwhelming at the library since there are so many books of varying levels in the Emerging Reader section. We really have to pull them, one by one, and read through them to see if they are appropriate or not. I know there must be an easier way so please suggest if you are a teacher or librarian! I don't know authors (even some Suess books are too high level) at this level. We're just needing a combination of sight words and words that can be sounded out fairly easily. It's harder than you think.

I try and keep if fun for Jack so I gave him Mike & Ikes to eat while he read to me (and Theo). It worked :)

No comments: