Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Why I feel like Tiger Mom





I picked up "Confessions of a Tiger Mom" back when we went to Dallas for my cousin's graduation. It's all about the differences between "Chinese" mothering and "Western" parenting. While I found the book to be very extreme in several instances, I did identify with some of the "Chinese" ways of parenting. I can't help but chuckle when I make the boys do phonics, educational computer games, silent reading, and worksheets each day. There is a great website called School Expressthat has thousands of free, printable worksheets. I've been printing a lot of these out for Theo and he's doing very well with them. All you moms out there with 3-6 year olds will be excited to know that there is a special section just for this age group! Jack is plugging along with his Bridge 1-2 book (his school is really a grade level ahead, curriculum-wise). He had to color long and short vowel sounds today. The smencils weren't really a great motivator today so I had to step it up a notch and offer gum as an incentive :) Go Jack and Theo!!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

You Tiger Mom! J/K Their teachers will thank you in August!! I love school express too. I use that during the year with my kiddos!