Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

First swim meet







Jack participated in his first swim meet bright and early this morning (he has two more before the season ends). We left the house at 6:40 and scored a nice spot in the shade to sit. I had never been to a swim meet before so wasn't sure what to expect. They gathered up all of the swimmers and organized them by age so I really only had to keep Theo entertained in between Jack's heats. This included eating all sorts of forbidden treats in the wee early hours of the morning. He had powdered donuts, an Airhead candy and a snoball all before 8 am. Craziness! He usually plays in the baby pool but they had it all roped off. I'll be more prepared next time!

Jack got 3rd place for freestyle (55 seconds) and 2nd place for the backstroke (57 seconds). Not sure I could do any better! Go Jack!

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

That's awesome! I can't believe it was so early!!

Cupcake Girl said...

We are so proud of you Jack!! I can't wait to see your ribbons. I hope you have a swim meet when I am there. Love all of you so much.
mimi and papa