



Mimi drove over on Thursday for a weekend visit and to take over Jack/Theo duty from Gigi and Dada. We got home late Friday night and were thankful that Mimi was on duty Saturday morning :) Here's a cute picture from this morning before Mimi left to make the drive back. She's the principal of her school's summer school and has one week left before she and Papa leave for Italy!! We're so excited for them.
I've been obsessed with Words With Friends since I got my iPhone in December and Jack has been bitten by the bug recently :) He's been playing a game with his former Kindergarten teacher on my phone and just loves it! We went ahead and got Scrabble yesterday when Mimi was here and the game got pretty confusing for poor Jack (especially when the board fills up). We played just one-on-one this morning after Mimi left and it was much better. We helped each other form words and score our totals. Jack does a fair job at coming up with simple words but I guided him on making them more complex and on placement for maximum point value! Dave brought out the dictionary for us when we questioned some words and then Jack totally wanted to look up each word before we played. I'm so glad he's loving this game because it's really bringing the skills he's learning from the phonics program to life! Ultimate Phonics has been really great, although not fun, at teaching Jack how to attack blends.













2 comments:
Great idea! I think we have Scrabble, I may get it out for Aidan (he's interested in my Words games too). Love your Colorado pics, what gorgeous scenery! Glad y'all had fun :)
How fun! I play Scrabble Jr. with my kids at school. They love it!
Post a Comment