Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Seattle









Dave and I arrived in Seattle a day early and ventured all over the city.  Our hotel was in the Queen Anne district, a hip, non-touristy area that we LOVED. We saw the EMP museum, had Thai food, delicious coffee, and enjoyed all that Seattle Center had to offer.  The next day was a reception at the Space Needle for our tour group.  We went all the way to the top (reminded me of our trip up the Eiffel Tower last year) and I had to enjoy some Starbucks coffee while up there (when in Rome, right?).  We attended 2 games in Seattle (both vs. the Red Sox) and were pleased when each team scored a win!  Dave and I milled around the Pike Place Market and I got a fabulous print to have framed (a nice bonus of having a craft room!).

I found Seattle to be a hip city with a really fun feel to it.  The weather changes every 10 minutes, it seems, between sunny, cloudy, drizzly, muggy, and so forth.  I was often hot there during the day and freezing at night.  No in between! I went to Sephora and got hair mascara and loved brushing that in my hair at night.  It washes out and that makes it fun to change up!

The last Mariner game was Viva Las Vargas in honor of that pitcher, who didn't end up pitching, so everyone got Elvis glasses.  They set up the Chapel of Glove for people to get married by Elvis.  We just posed for a picture with Elvis :)  It was fun!!

No comments: