Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

San Francisco and Oakland














We left Seattle bright and early on July 1st and flew to San Francisco, landed, and were taken straight to the stadium.  Dave upgraded our seats for that game and we on the 26th row.  The Giants vs. Reds game was a huge crowd of nearly 42,000 fans (the largest game we attended) and it was great!  Came down to the last play!  We left the game and met my high school friend, Avi, who used to be on drill team with me.  She lives in San Francisco now and we hadn't seen each other for nearly 16 years.  We had the greatest time with Avi :)  I love when you can literally pick right back up with someone you haven't seen in years.

The next day, we headed over to Oakland for the A's vs. Red Sox game.  Oakland is a "rougher" crowd than the Giants.  The A's happen to be Jack's favorite team, so we picked up some gear, and that helped me fit in :)  The A's won handily and Dave and I really enjoyed that game.  The stadium reminded us both of Tiger Stadium.

The next day my local friends picked me up and we had a picnic at Crissy Fields, which boasts a fabulous view of the Golden Gate bridge!  I got to meet all of the kids that are all Theo's age and their siblings.  My main job was holding baby Willow and I relished the time with her.  She was content to sleep under a blanket, which was good since the sun was shining that day!  The cool breeze disguised the sunburn I formed on that beach. :)

Dave and I had a quick drink with my friend, Val and her friend, Brett, before ducking off to a photo shoot...... more on that later!!

No comments: