Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The wedding!

















We came back to our hotel after the Mardi Gras museum and I let Theo rest in bed and watch cartoons. The wedding was at 7 pm but he was needed for pictures with the groomsmen in his full tux at 3:30, so I wanted to give him some down time. Theo was a perfect angel with the groomsmen for the pictures that afternoon. He didn't make a peep and stood where he was told. I was so proud of him! He went back to Gigi and Dada's room while I went over to cousin Cameron's house to have cousin Lucy curl my hair in "beach waves" since I'm all thumbs with a curling iron :) I came back and it was pretty much "go" time. Meredith's family arranged for shuttles for all of the wedding guests from the hotel to the church and then reception, so we hopped on the bus and we were off!

It got kind of dicey at the church while we were waiting for Meredith and the bridesmaids to arrive on their shuttle bus. Theo was in full tux and was growing impatient on waiting for Elise to arrive. He detests being in line and waiting his turn. Finally it was time though and he held Elise's hand and again walked perfectly down the aisle, smiling :) That only lasted so long though because he was near tears during the actual wedding, wanting candy, Dada and his camo bag from Meredith (his present). I was having the turn around and flag down relatives many rows behind me for all of those items. He did stay pretty quiet and soon the ceremony was over.

The reception was at the Audubon Tea Room by the zoo so all of the guests second-lined through the zoo to the Tea Room. My poor phone just didn't take good pictures in the pitch darkness, but Theo posed by the flamingos and then I snapped the brass band and the bride and groom leading the second-line. The decor was breathtaking! The centerpieces were worthy of a Hollywood wedding and there is so much more to describe....... just have to wait for pictures from cousins with cameras to post their pictures. Here's a teaser of the photo booth from the reception. Boy, did we have fun with that! More details and pictures to come!

No comments: