Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

1st grade isn't for wimps








I was blown away by the work Jack was doing in Kindergarten once we switched schools (coming up on a year!) but I find myself remarking at how advanced the work he's doing in 1st grade is compared to what I was doing in 1st grade. I'm pretty sure I was just learning how to write and sound out words....... Jack, on the other hand, is learning geometry and pronouns. His writing has TAKEN OFF this year due to the amount of writing they do in class and for homework assignments. His wealth of words that he knows how to spell and sentence formation really astound me.

Here are pictures of his tests from 2 weeks ago and a letter to Santa that he wrote during class. He loves to write and I love to read his writings :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love his letter to Santa! I like how he said he couldn't spell the toy he wanted, but he said it to a Santa who will tell the real Santa. Great homework!!!