Turning 4 brings joy and the sudden realization that you have to get 4 shots, a blood test, urine screen, vision and hearing tests. Oh yeah, and it's flu season, so tack that on as well. Poor Theo. I was honest with him, as I was with Jack. I told him to be brave and that we'd go out for ice cream when it was all over. And that every 4 year old has to do the same thing. We took Pluto along for comfort. Big boy didn't even put up a fight for the finger prick (um, more than just a prick..... squeezing a vile of blood from his finger more like it) but really got peeved with the shots. He had to be held down by the nurse and was screaming things like "no, don't do this to me", "ouch, that hurts. Stop!!". And then he hollered for about 5 minutes after it was all said and done just to let everyone know how unjust he thought it all was. But a sucker, visit to the treasure box and ice cream made it all better :)
And just for kicks, here's an inside peek at Jack's backpack. First grade DON'T PLAY!! Books and workbooks from each subject, yo!













2 comments:
Oh
theo, you are soooo brave. I haven't even brought that up to Gracie. I am so dreading it!!!
Poor Theo! I keep forgetting that Avery's is coming up :( It was bad enough with Aidan, who's my cooperative one. Avery doesn't even like to open her mouth and say "ah." I think I'll schedule it for late morning, then eat lunch somewhere I can get a drink. No lie.
Post a Comment