Jack's class feasted today so Theo and I were there for all of the excitement! The kids made their own butter from whipping cream yesterday and used it on the rolls for lunch. The class had a spread of food and also got to paint symbols on a tortilla that was cut in half to fashion a small teepee. Then they made turkeys from oreos and candy corn. Very creative stuff!! The kids headed inside after the feast was over to play games and burn of all that sugar. That's when things got a bit chaotic for me. Trying to keep an eye on Theo, constantly checking that his pants were still dry, cleaning up the feast and taking pictures....... I felt like I needed a stiff drink when I left school. I settled for a 10 minute nap on the coach :) Thank goodness Jack's Christmas party falls on a Friday so I can come alone!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Thanksgiving Feast
Jack's class feasted today so Theo and I were there for all of the excitement! The kids made their own butter from whipping cream yesterday and used it on the rolls for lunch. The class had a spread of food and also got to paint symbols on a tortilla that was cut in half to fashion a small teepee. Then they made turkeys from oreos and candy corn. Very creative stuff!! The kids headed inside after the feast was over to play games and burn of all that sugar. That's when things got a bit chaotic for me. Trying to keep an eye on Theo, constantly checking that his pants were still dry, cleaning up the feast and taking pictures....... I felt like I needed a stiff drink when I left school. I settled for a 10 minute nap on the coach :) Thank goodness Jack's Christmas party falls on a Friday so I can come alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment