Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Getting in the spirit...





We've been in Operation Christmas mode since arriving home yesterday. All the Thanksgiving decorations are safely in the attic and Dave dutifully climbed up in the attic to haul down the plethora of Christmas decorations for me today! I took Jack shopping this morning for a new tree (I had envisioned it for the entry way but we ended up putting it in the playroom). It's a fun bright pink color with bright ornaments to liven things up. The boys finished trimming it with school ornaments from years past. Our tree is in the living room this year. I'll miss seeing it from the front window when I come home at night but perhaps I'll see the pink one?

It was fun pulling out all of the ornaments for the living room tree. They are all sentimental and some date back to 1976 (Dave's first Christmas). We have so many "Baby's first Christmas" ornaments for each child that it's almost comical. I think they each have 5-6. That's each!! I especially love the ornaments that Dave and I collected on vacations. I also have an ornament from my first Christmas in New Orleans. I thought then that I would never stay in the region and would need the ornament to "remember" my time here. Wrong! Ha ha.

Do you like the note our Elf on the Shelf, Eli, left for the boys this morning? Jack had his ornaments fully colored by 7:30 am when I woke up. The child is such an early riser. I'm hoping Eli's watchful eye will curtail the wild behavior we've been enjoying for a week. One can hope, right? :)

No comments: