I took a concealed hand gun course today and learned about the different types of hand guns, gun safety and how to handle, reload and fire a gun. It was a bit overwhelming since I had never held or fired a gun before and certainly hadn't loaded one! The course was very thorough and had about 5 hours of instruction before we went to the shooting range. I have to admit that I was scared to death to load the 22 caliber gun (I was originally given a .357 Magnum Revolver and didn't want that!) but once I had about 3 shots under my belt (and my hands stopped shaking), it was all good! I ended up really enjoying it and got a perfect score. Granted it was only 5, 10 and 15 feet. I look forward to going back and trying a different gun and different distances :) I highly recommend this course to all you ladies out there. Now I feel confident that I can shoot a gun if my life depended on it and that was my goal for today. :)
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Mom learns a new trade
I took a concealed hand gun course today and learned about the different types of hand guns, gun safety and how to handle, reload and fire a gun. It was a bit overwhelming since I had never held or fired a gun before and certainly hadn't loaded one! The course was very thorough and had about 5 hours of instruction before we went to the shooting range. I have to admit that I was scared to death to load the 22 caliber gun (I was originally given a .357 Magnum Revolver and didn't want that!) but once I had about 3 shots under my belt (and my hands stopped shaking), it was all good! I ended up really enjoying it and got a perfect score. Granted it was only 5, 10 and 15 feet. I look forward to going back and trying a different gun and different distances :) I highly recommend this course to all you ladies out there. Now I feel confident that I can shoot a gun if my life depended on it and that was my goal for today. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
"Are you feeling lucky, punk?"
Dirty Harry has nothing on you! ha!!
ma
Post a Comment