Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Theo's 1st day at Cedarwood!










Theo had a half day at school today and I'm already in love with his little friends :) He's got a diverse group (which I LOVE- growing up in Houston, that's what I'm used to) and an equal mix of boys and girls. He slept in late this morning and I actually sent Jack to wake him up at 7:45!! I let him open his cards (Mimi and Papa gave him $5 too!!) and then we got ready to go pretty soon after that. He was still waking up a bit and was giving me grief about something but then I gave him his backpack and he was all smiles again. I had a friend monogram this and look how darling it turned out :)

There are 10 kids in his class this year with Ms. Angerdina (Jack's old 3 year old teacher). He went right in and started playing with no hesitation. I came in at lunch time and got to see him feeding himself jambalaya, green beans and pears. He took his plate and put it in the trash when he was finished and then drank his milk. I love how Cedarwood really teaches the kids responsibility. He also sat on the potty but nothing happened today. Maybe the routine of it all will make something click..... until then, we're rocking pull ups.

I also got to go in to Jack's classroom today and volunteered with center time. I helped the kids put paper strips over a gingerbread man and then put on eyes, a nose and buttons. His class is not diverse at all but is equally split between boys and girls. All of the kids were so cute and sweet (to me)but boy do I give his teacher MAJOR props for handling 18 five year olds all by herself. I do look forward to volunteering in both classrooms this year :)

1 comment:

G.G. Hughes said...

Leslie, they are both so precious but soooo grown up. I can not believe how big they are. You are going to have to beat the girls off of them one day!! G.G. Hughes