Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Kindergarten!







We had a meet and greet with Jack's teacher this afternoon. We were confused about the time (website had one time window, school sign said another) so we ended up milling around the school and going to Jack's classroom a bit early. His teacher was so gracious and let us hang out and talked to Jack the whole time, even giving him a sticker. Theo was an absolute mess and was running circles around so we cut out shortly afterwards. He fell out of the car today (??) and scraped up the side of his face. The child won't nap but clearly needs a nap still but what is a mom to do. I think he's even more stubborn than his brother was at this age and that speaks volumes.

But I digress... the classroom was amazing and loaded with cool things. There is a Promethian (smart) board in the classroom and I'm thrilled about that! It's like a touch screen computer that is interactive. I asked for a structured teacher and hinted that Jack loved technology and this is the best of both worlds!! Jack goes back Monday morning for his screening and then I go Wednesday night for a parent-only meeting. Theo will be staying at home, thank goodness. :)

3 comments:

Bag Lady said...

Ohhhh, SO jealous about the smart board!!!!!

His new room looks great! :)

Gauger Family said...

How fun. I bet he will do great and will be so smart! Love the smart board. I had one in McKinney and my kids loved it. Very cool!!

Lauren said...

That classroom looks SO COOL! Jack is going to have such a great year :)