Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

While Dave was in the hospital.........















Poor Dave had to go to the emergency room on Wednesday morning with excruciating stomach pain.  It ended up being appendicitis and he had surgery a few hours later.  A good friend took both boys for me so I could go sit by his side.  The surgeon still hadn't come to see Dave by the time his parents arrived.

Theo had a party at Chuck E Cheese's planned that afternoon to celebrate him stopping finger sucking.  The blue gloves worked their magic and he just quit cold turkey!  A few of his friends came along to join in on the fun at our brand new CEC.  Dave got called back for surgery right as we got there, but his parents were already there so we decided to stay.  Kids and hospitals don't really mix too well.

Theo had an amazing day at CEC and was treated like a king.  He was the first party there since the CEC just opened 2 days prior.  I think they included things that I didn't pay for and we all kind of laughed off the birthday singing and such.  Let's just say every child there wants their next birthday party at CEC after Theo's non-birthday party :)  Maybe this party will be a good investment that will save us from braces.  Time will tell!

2 comments:

The Schmitt Family said...

I'm glad Dave is doing better! Congratulations Theo! I wish I could get Abbie to stop sucking her thumb.

Michelle said...

Me too Lindsay....I wish I could get Michael to stop biting his nails and skin on his fingers... Ugh. What a great way to celebrate Theo's victory Leslie!! Hope Dave is recovering well...Glad his parents were able to come up to help out! Keep us posted...