Monday, June 4, 2012
Book Worm
Jack finished up Harry Potter this morning! Big day around here. He's been reading it for several weeks now, a few pages at night. Once school got out, he kicked up the pace and got through all 309 pages by himself. I didn't read a single page to him. He did read the book out loud so I could make sure he was "getting" it.
We watched Sorcerer Stone tonight to celebrate Jack finishing the book. Theo did not join us in this special viewing since he had a rough afternoon and ended up on the punishment card :( Jack and I snuggled up on the couch together under a blanket and ate candy while the movie was going. I think I'll always remember this night! He was telling me each event as it happened, which chapter that was from, and if that part was different from the book. I'm not sure who was more proud, but it might not have been me.......
Now he's on to Wimpy Kid. Several of his friends are reading that book. I think we are going to be regulars at the library this summer.
And not to leave out Theo; he read me two books today and 2 last night. I take a light approach with him. I always say we'll read it together and usually try to alternate pages. Sometimes I can get him to start off and keep going...... and going :) And I've been amazed at the words he's read to me. He's stepping up his sight words and sounding out new words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment