Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day








I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I got to sleep in (A rare treat. Ask any parent.) and lounge around before going out to lunch. We got all spiffed up and went out to eat at The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. I must brag on my children- the were well behaved, didn't touch the burning pot and scald themselves and actually ate the fondue/fixins! Success. We gorged ourselves with queso/swiss cheese (dipped with veggies/bread/chips) for our first fondue course. Next we had lobster, chicken, filet mignon, pork and shrimp and dipped in a choice of heavenly wine/broth mix or oil. We completed our meal with chocolate!!!!! The boys naturally enjoyed this course the most (maybe we all did??) and dipped cheesecake, marshmallows, pound cake, brownies, strawberries, pineapple and bananas in a choice of milk or turtle chocolate. YUM.

I am so blessed to have a wonderful mother and mother-in-law. I also have a husband who made sure the boys honored me today with thoughtful presents and cards. I am so blessed!

1 comment:

MommaKiss said...

Ok the shorts? LOVE! Glad you had a good day momma. Smooch.