Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardi Gras in New Orleans










Jack, Theo and I ventured in to New Orleans to meet up with Dave's extended family for Fat Tuesday. They all rented a house off the parade route Uptown and it was awesome! We spent the night at cousin Katie's house on Monday and got up bright and early (6 am) today to get a parking spot by the house. "Uncle" Mike's brother and sister were in town and hooked me up with a costume. I was part of a school of fish, Mike was the fisherman and the rest of the family were BP oil workers in white clean up gear. It was awesome! I made Jack a turtle costume and Theo and cousin Elise were little fish :)

The kids sat up in the ladder seat with cousin JD helping catch stuff (namely keeping them from being pelted in the face by flying beads). We are all beyond exhausted by had such a fun time. I haven't been a part of Mardi Gras day in the city since grad school!!! I always had to work during Mardi Gras and then have just stayed on the Northshore since having kids.

Thank you Gallagher/Kerisit/Waddell families for a wonderful day that we won't soon forget!!!

1 comment:

Cupcake Girl said...

Love all the cute pics.