


Jack has gotten straight 100's on his spelling tests at his new school! I really see some spelling bee potential here. He's a visual learning for sure so I write his spelling words in a notebook in bold, black marker. He usually just stares at the words a couple of times and generally has them down pat. Occasionally one or two words will hang him up and I make him write those particular words five times each. I often think ahead to when I'll be doing this with Theo and how he'll learn and do...... and then I get scared! Jack let's me off easy :)
We had to kill time after school yesterday before going to the dentist on that side of town so we headed to ChickFila. They boys played a bit and then shared an ice cream. Shared being used loosely. Look closely at who is holding the ice cream and who is having to reach to get some. Ha ha!!! Luckily we got a clean bill of health all around (I went Monday) and did learn that Theo will be visiting an orthodontist in about 4 years due to crowding. He let them take bite wing and panoramic x-rays. They were super impressed by how laid back he was. We found out that Jack has wiggly bottom teeth and 6 year molars that are "right there". The Tooth Fairy might need to be on guard!
Our neighbor, Mr. Don, was out cutting his grass yesterday and he and Jack visited for a while. Mr. Don and Mrs. Cheryl are like the grandparents next door and we just LOVE them. I love that no matter what Mr. Don always stops whatever he is doing and makes time to visit with us and shows the kids something new (like how to cast a fishing pole). We are so blessed to have them as neighbors. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment