My friend, Dawn, made me an offer I couldn't refuse a few weeks ago. She had an accounting seminar in Manhattan and asked if I wanted to come stay with her! Umm, yes! So my awesome husband and in laws shifting responsibilities so I could take my first trip to NYC. I'm so thankful they did because I had the MOST amazing time. Dawn had her meetings most of the day so that left me with lots of time to explore. I think I walked a million miles in the 2 1/2 days I was there. I went just about everywhere and at least snapped a picture (which I hated to do because I tried really hard to "blend" and act like a native New Yorker) :)
I was able to meet my friend Jackie in person for the first time on Monday! She is part of the board I've met up with twice but has never been able to attend. Jackie got us tickets to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular and it was just that. She also treated me to lunch at an awesome hot spot for lunch. That is definitely one thing I did on my trip........... eat well. Very well. Too well maybe? I did walk a TON so hopefully all that good eating won't haunt me too much! Ha. Jackie also walked with me back to her office on the Upper East Side right near Central Park. And Tiffany's (conveniently). He he. I made her take the obligatory picture in front of the Rockefeller Center tree. It's beautiful in person!
Dawn and I met up with Jackie for dinner on Monday night and had an amazing time together. I seriously covet Jackie's red Dooney and Burke purse. A lot. I rode in my first NYC cab. It was clean and didn't smell unpleasant! It was nothing like the shuttle I took to and from the airport. I feared for my life several times! Those drivers were crazy. How no one gets killed on the streets or cars don't clip each other on the streets is beyond me! Wow.
Dawn helped me navigate the subway yesterday so that really added how far I was able to go! I went all the way down to Battery Park to see Lady Liberty from afar and then paid my respects to the WTC site. That was emotional to say the least. I also ducked in to Trinity Church which is very close to the WTC site. Hollowed ground, for sure. I saw Wall Street and then ducked up to Macy's and rode the old-fashioned escalator. I also rode the subway about 50 blocks up to the Natural Science Museum to check out the dinosaur exhibit. That was super, super cool. I can't wait to show these pictures (and about 20 others) to Jack. I'll save you all the excess :)
Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible! I really had the best time and LOVED every second of being in New York. I can't wait to go back with Dave one day. Maybe the kids as well. When they are much older ;)













3 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I bet it was beautiful this time of year!!
I'm SO jealous. One day...
sigh.
i miss you like mad.
fun reliving our anniversary through the pictures....
Post a Comment