The boys and I had a big day across the lake today. I parked over in the French Quarter and walked around a bit with the boys. I managed to take a cute picture or two of them in front of Jackson Square before catching a cab to The Roosevelt Hotel for the Teddy Bear Tea. The decorations in the lobby were simply breathtaking. I could have stayed for hours looking at everything if I were by myself. We had a huge group of nearly 30 people and tried out a kids table this year! That was awesome! Theo sat next to me at the adult table but Jack and his friend, Dean (the only boys in our group) were in heaven together. They poured tons of cups of hot chocolate and dined on cookies :) Mrs. Claus read The Night Before Christmas and then I took the boys to see Santa. Jack rattled off his list and Santa was quick to tell him that he might not be able to bring everything ;) We told the boys that they could only ask for three presents, just like Jesus got from the Wise Men. I think Santa was just playing it safe.
After the tea wrapped up I rode with my friend, Celeste, and her girls to The Miracle on Fulton Street. There are tons of Christmas trees and lights and every hour they have "snow" fall for a few minutes. The kids go wild when it "snows" (really bubbles) and just had the best time. We also checked out the huge gingerbread Superdome there. That was neat! We had dinner right there by the decorations before heading back to the car. It sure was a great day with friends and one that we look forward to every year!!













1 comment:
Fun! The boys look very snazzy in their cute outfits!!
Post a Comment