I'm in Boston right now visiting my friend Dawn and having so much fun! Dave was nice enough to stay behind with the boys over New Year's so I could make my very first trip up to the Northeast! Dawn lives just outside of the city so she took me around exploring one day. It was pretty cold though, lots of wind, so we stayed mostly indoors. Dawn has two boys of her own, Peter James (PJ) and Kellan, and they are almost exactly Jack and Theo's ages. It snowed yesterday and we all went out and played in the fresh powder. It stuck overnight so the boys went out sledding today. It's much "warmer" feeling out now that the wind has died down. That was rough! I fly back home tomorrow and will definitely miss the snow (and my fun hosts!). I made black eyed peas for Dawn and her husband today to usher in the new year. They had never had them before and had never really even heard of them! I learned it's a Southern thing for sure. But I made them just the same and they had second helpings for a prosperous new year!!!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Boston trip
I'm in Boston right now visiting my friend Dawn and having so much fun! Dave was nice enough to stay behind with the boys over New Year's so I could make my very first trip up to the Northeast! Dawn lives just outside of the city so she took me around exploring one day. It was pretty cold though, lots of wind, so we stayed mostly indoors. Dawn has two boys of her own, Peter James (PJ) and Kellan, and they are almost exactly Jack and Theo's ages. It snowed yesterday and we all went out and played in the fresh powder. It stuck overnight so the boys went out sledding today. It's much "warmer" feeling out now that the wind has died down. That was rough! I fly back home tomorrow and will definitely miss the snow (and my fun hosts!). I made black eyed peas for Dawn and her husband today to usher in the new year. They had never had them before and had never really even heard of them! I learned it's a Southern thing for sure. But I made them just the same and they had second helpings for a prosperous new year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
What a nice trip for you! You have friends everywhere!
We're missin you already! It's still snowing - you need to pelt the boys again with snow balls!
hope your flight home is uneventful, love ya girl!
D
Post a Comment