Sunday, September 30, 2012
Beads of Courage
I made a quick trip over to Houston for the weekend to attend the Beads of Courage fundraiser, featuring my sweet niece, Corinne. Corinne was the honored guest at the event, and boy did she charm the patrons!
Each person made a bracelet with beads donated from local vendors and artists. I made a green/purple/gold/yellow bracelet in honor of Baylor and LSU. I also purchased necklaces for the boys to make so they'll have necklaces honoring Corinne's beads of courage.
Jen and Brian had tons of neighbors show up in support. I enjoyed meeting their friends , as well as hearing the founder of BOC speak about the foundation. Brian also gave a brief speech about what Corinne endured during her 2 1/2 years of treatment.
I can't leave out my mode of transportation over to Houston. I saw a feature about Megabus on a tv show and was intrigued. I loved that my roundtrip fare was less than a tank of gas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment