Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Goodbye Frog






Jack is having his "frog" taken out tomorrow along with his tonsils and adenoids. He doesn't know what all of this entails, but we want him to not have any anxiety over it, so we threw him a "goodbye frog" party. There was pizza and cake....... which does read "goodbye frog" in skittles. The ice cream will come later :) He's set to go into surgery at 9 am. It will take about 45 minutes and he'll spend another hour or so in recovery. My awesome friend Betsy will be watching Theo for us so Dave can be there to comfort Jack when he comes out of anesthesia. I went to the store today and loaded up on all flavors of ice cream, jello and pudding. I also got tons of stuff to make smoothies for our patient. Here is an up close and personal look at the enormous tonsils. They nearly touch when he is not saying "ahh" like in the picture.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Good luck tomorrow Leslie and jack! I'll be thinking of you guys. I know it will be way harder on you HK than on Jack...he'll pull through like a trooper!

Gauger Family said...

OMG! That thing is huge in his little mouth. Glad he's all better now!